09-1030 Utility System Technician
Utility System Technician
Under the direction of the Utilidor Foreman, the Utility System Technician is an entry level position responsible for assisting in the hands-on operation, repair and maintenance of all components making up the Utilidor system and sewage collection system to ensure efficient operations. The Technician will assist in the normal operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs as required to ensure minimal interruption of water and sewer services. The incumbent must be willing to work in harsh outdoor weather conditions, some areas with obnoxious odors caused by waste as well as some confined spaces. They must be willing to participate in training and other safety related courses pertaining to the position.
- Must have completed a grade 10 level of education
- 2 to 3 years prior plumbing experience
- Valid class 5 Nunavut Drivers License
- Must be enrolled Apprenticeship Trade Program
- Journeyman plumbing or oil burning certification is an asset
- Additional training and certifications in a related field is an asset
- Related experience within a Municipal setting is an asset
- Experience working in piped water/sewage is an asset
- The ability to communicate in both Inuktitut and English is an asset
- The ability to be scheduled at the last minute
Some overtime is necessary.
The starting annual salary for this position is $55,709.93 per annum and a settlement/housing allowance of $20,907.43 per annum plus an excellent benefits package.
CLOSING DATE: June 14, 2018
Please send your application or resume to:
Reference # 09-1030
Human Resource Department
P.O Box 460
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
We will only contact those who are invited for an interview.
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.