08-1014 CITY PLANNER
Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Lands, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with the management, administration and operation of all land use planning carried out by the City of Iqaluit. They will administer and review planning applications, conduct research and analysis of community planning issues and conduct community outreach on land use related issues. They will be required to make presentations at Council meetings, committee meetings and to represent the City at public meetings and Development Appeal Board hearings. They must possess a university degree in Planning or in a related field. APPI/CIP regulated membership is required. Provisional members or candidates for membership with APPI/CIP may be considered.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A university degree in Planning or related field. A civil engineering degree in addition to a planning degree is a definitive asset.
- Relevant planning, organizational and planning experience.
- Strong communication skills, including public consultation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in reviewing planning applications as well as preparing the related reports is an asset.
Experience in enforcing municipal By-laws is an asset.
- Familiarity with computer software including Geographic Information Systems, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Excellent oral and writing language skills in English (French, Inuktitut is an asset).
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education will be considered.
Please provide copies of your current credentials and any certifications you possess with your application.
The starting annual salary for this position is $78,101.71 with an annual Settlement allowance of $20,907.43 plus an excellent benefits package.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Please submit your application package to:
Reference # 08-1014
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 460
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.