2017-MMC-01 Materials Management Coordinator
Materials Management Coordinator
Internal/External Employment Opportunity
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Services, the incumbent will provide stock/inventory control for all City departments including the management of warehousing and shipping/receiving for the organization. The Materials Coordinator will verify items received with packing slips and perform data entries related to all items. The incumbent would be responsible for the pickup and delivery of items to the assigned department or warehouse location. Also, the incumbent physically verifies items, reporting on any item(s) received damaged and/or discrepancies with the shipper/supplier and submitting appropriate claims documentation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education at the degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- Prior Inventory management experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a related field.
- Clean criminal record check
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have a valid Class 5 Nunavut Driver’s License (clean drivers abstract)
- Excellent computer skill, especially using Excel, and Great Plains
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Knowledge of equipment, automotive or machinery parts would be an asset.
- Have strong organizational skills
- Must physically fit, heavy lifting required
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- A general knowledge of warehousing and purchasing
- Ability to read/write/speak Inuktitut is an asset
- Certificate in Transportation of Dangerous Goods and WHMIS
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education will be considered.
The annual salary for this position is $64,352.79 plus an annual settlement allowance of $20,907.43 and an excellent benefits package. This position is required to work 35 hours per week, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, some overtime may be required.
Please send your resume to:
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 460
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As per Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries who meet the criteria.
Posted: September 12, 2017